- a 1 dram glass vial
- Sweet Almond Oil – a thick base oil with a gentle scent
- 1/4 – 1/2 gram of amber resin
- 2 drops jasmine essential oil
- 4 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 3 drops frangipani essential oil (precious oil)
- 1 drop silver birch oil (should smell like smoke *NOT* like spearmint)
- a generous pinch or 2 small pieces dragons blood resin
Place the amber in first, then the dragons blood. Add on top of that frangipani and jasmine and give a slight shake. Let sit for 10 min. in the dark or in the moonlight (capped). Carefully uncap after 10 min and add the Ylang Ylang and recap to shake gently. Add sweet almond oil half way to the top and add the silver birch oil. Fill with sweet almond to almost the top, leaving room for some air and shake well. Fill to the top with sweet almond and cap tightly. Store carefully away from light for no more than 3 months – really for no more than 1 if to be used near or on skin.
Test before using. To test, place a small amount of oil on your inner elbow for a night. If you have a reaction, do not use anywhere on your body. Frangipani is a common synthetic – please use only pure resins and essential oils in this recipe. Silver or white birch oil is dark, very thick and smells like smoke. Please be sure you are buying the correct one. If in doubt, ask.
This recipe is copyright Judith Lewis of http://www.NewMoonOccultShop.com and may be passed on for use only if the entire recipe is kept intact with no additions and this copyright notice is left complete and attached.